Absolutely not! No external application/library installation is required! tweak works as a standalone browser extension and you can work with it in any environment, from development to production. No code required!
tweak has proven to be reliable, but still we acknowledge our own limitations, currently:
- It will only apply the configurations to the browser tab where you configure the requests to intercept and activate the extension (by clicking the run button).
- Under specific conditions combined with the asynchronous nature of the way tweak communicates with your website, things might not work at first. For that we advise a page reload after pressing the play/run button to active the extension. In some cases we've observed that this might not work at all, in that case we advise you to seek an alternative.
Make sure you're running tweak version 4.3.0 (or newer), we've fixed this behavior on that version.
Nope 😎 . tweak will still work even if you have the browser DevTools closed! However, if you're using tweak for development we do recommend you to keep the DevTools opened, with the option "Disable cache" ticked so that you don't get tricked by the browser. For cases where you're doing a demo or doing a screen recording it's understandable that you would want to keep the DevTools closed.
Yes! But don't worry, tweak is designed to work that way. Requests are mocked at the XHR & fetch APIs level, hence it's not reflected on the network panel. Once you mock a request it won't be surfaced in the devtools. This is a side effect of our implementation decision which hopefully allows us to have more control and add more features easily as we move forward.
Does tweak support
Yes! tweak supports both
XMLHttpRequest (XHR). (Spoiler Alert: it will support WebSockets too).
We've introduced partial support in tweak version 1.1.0, it's currently something has a great coverage, therefore we acknowledge that it might not work for most the use cases. We advise to open the iframe in a separate browser tab to operate on it, if possible.
- Do I need to add/install something in my code?
- Will this work in every web application?
- I clicked on the file import button but nothing happened?
- Do I need to keep the DevTools open?
- When mocking a response it disappears from chrome DevTools network tab?
- Is there any detailed step by step guide where I can learn how to use tweak?
- Does tweak support
- Does tweak work on iframes?
- Is this extension safe? I'm concerned about my privacy.